Lifestyle Leak: Il Corallo Trattoria



One of my favorite types of food has to be Italian dishes, I'm a huge pasta fan. About a year ago, maybe even longer me and my boyfriend spent the day down in SoHo shopping and just having a blast. To make a long story short, we ended up randomly stopping at Il Corallo Trattoria and we've made it a point to make it back there every few months.




In typical NYC dining fashion, the tables are close together and when it's crowded it gets super cramped but I won't let that stop me from eating there because the food is fantastic. The prices make the seafood dishes a real steal, the portions are generous and the quality of the ingredients is not sacrificed. To date, I haven't had any dish that I haven't loved. Just be warned - go with a small party (4 or less) because the layout really doesn't allow for a much larger group.
Here are a few of my favorite dishes:

Taglierini Sorrento - fresh thin black noodles with shrimp, lobster meat, scallops, clams, fresh chopped tomato, parsley, olive oil, white wine and garlic sauce $13.95
Capellini Corallo - angel hair pasta with mussels, scallops, shrimp and crab meat in a light tomato sauce $13.95
and
Fusilli Tiberio - spiral pasta with lamb chunks, artichoke hearts, finocchio and onions in an olive oil and herb sauce. $9.95
Try it for yourself:
Il Corallo Trattoria
176 Prince St, New York NY 10012
(Btwn Thompson & Sullivan St)
(212) 941-7119