A Simple September Weekend - Fashion, Football, Flowers and Family

Last Friday night I strolled up and down Rodeo Drive for Fashion's Night Out and this is what I saw
The Prada store photographed from my office with a modicum of people in the street.  There was certainly more than the average daily pedestrian traffic but nothing looked overcrowded. Cool the way that Prada could project images on the panel above the storefront.
The Ferris wheel which was carefully constructed on the first block of Rodeo Drive between Tiffany & Co. and Bvlgari.
And my favorite image of the evening, a Beverly Hills police officer on a segway parked on the street between Chanel and De Beers because this is how our cops roll in BH.
What I did not see was any actual shopping and nor people carrying shopping bags. Still, it was well attended and a good event for the city of Beverly Hills. I think that there is certain amount of pent up demand and that street will have action when the holiday$ arrive. We shall see.
Saturday I headed off to the Eastside of Los Angeles, you know the place where the sun actually shines.  And shine it did at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.  Being the sports enthusiast that I am (not) I was at the UCLA-Stanford foot ball game where UCLA got thoroughly trounced.
In deference to the Stanford people around me, I wore a little red on my cuffs.
(Yes, I wore a white button down french cuffed shirt to a football game, doesn't everyone?)
Stanford had a great defensive game and a good running game and UCLA, well what can I say, they were an embarrassment. And speaking of embarrassments
What is up with Stanford's pathetic excuse of a marching band?  Seriously, they are so bad that they've lost their funding.  Thankfully, we fled at the end of the 3rd quarter, because really how much college football can anyone take.
Sunday morning on the Westside of town, where the sun hasn't deigned to come out I've been arranging  flowers.  Here's the result.
 and the close up shot
Pretty aren't they?
Now, it's off to the OC to take my father and stepmother out to lunch to celebrate my father's birthday.
Hopefully the fog will lift and we will find some sun in Dana Point Harbor.
Enjoy your Sunday.