Lifestyle Leak: The Help


The Help (Movie Tie-In)

I know I've been missing in action but I've had some big shake ups in my life so I needed to take a huge break from blogging and everything really.  Now I'm back and lately, I've been spending a lot of time reading.  Two of my favorite books were Barefoot: A Novel and The Help.  The Help as you know is a movie that is about to launch and yes I plan on seeing it.  Growing up, my Grandmother was "The Help", she raised lots of children that grew up to become doctors, dentists, and lawyers so I was unsure what she would think about the movie, but she wants to see it too.  Luckily, for the most part the families she worked for were pleasant and now that she is retired they still keep in touch.


Anyway, one of the stars from The Help, Jessica Chastain looked awesome at the premiere of the movie.    Though she sports blonde locks in the film, she turned heads on the red carpet with her gorgeous, flowing red hair and beautiful gown. Jenny Cho, Suave Professionals Celebrity Stylist, gave Jessica a soft hairstyle to go with her elegant dress. “As soon as I saw her beautiful, flowing dress hanging by the window, I knew I wanted to give her a soft hairstyle that didn’t compete with her gown. I gave her a deep side part to give it a bit of drama but kept the style simple and pretty with a little texture to show off her gorgeous red hair flowing down her back” says Cho.



Follow Cho’s simple steps to make this look your own:

1. Starting with damp hair, make a deep side part and layer Suave Professionals Captivating Curls Whipped Cream Mousse and Suave Professionals Volumizing Root Boost Spray on hair and diffuse to bring out natural waves and texture.

2. Next, mist hair with Suave Professionals Touchable Finish Lightweight Hold Hairspray. Starting at the nape, wrap one-inch sections around a 1 ½ inch curling iron to make waves. Stretch and pull each section after curling so it looks wavy, not curly.

3. When the whole head is curled, rub a pea sized amount of Suave Professionals Sleek Anti-Frizz Cream into hands, flip head over and apply to hair to add shine.

4. While still flipped upside down, spray a few bursts of Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo to add extra texture. This will guarantee long lasting volume and grit for the entire night.

5. To finish, tuck light side of the hair behind the ear and mist entire look with extra hold hair spray to lock it in.