Let's Talk Foundation...

I think the most important (and often the most difficult) makeup "feat" to master for most people is foundation. It sounds simple enough- No crazy methods of application, nothing too precise. However, choosing the right formula and type of foundation really makes all the difference. I guess finding the right formula (brand, type, etc) is the real feat.

After years of complete trial and error where foundations are concerned, I've found a few wonderful ones that work great for me. Since I'm pretty picky about foundations (and since my oily skin tends to make finding one that holds up and stays true even more difficult) I tend to stick with something once I find "the one".

Totally sounds like I'm talking about a serious relationship or something.

Foundations are serious business.

So I decided to create a little video (...ok a BIG 17-minute long video) talking about and showing my favorite (and some honorable mentions) foundations and concealers I've found that actually pass the test of all my picky-ness. That's totally a word.





Foundations and concealers mentioned in the video:
Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet+ Foundation
NARS Sheer Glow Foundation
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Treatment Makeup
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment
MAC Studio Finish concealer
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Powder

A few honorable mentions...
Make Up For Ever HD Foundation
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Brightening Concealer