Chanel Jade Nail Polish


I'm a sucker for unusual colors, fashion, and Chanel. So this just made good sense. :)
This color was much buzzed about when the models on the Chanel runway (fall/winter '09) came out sporting this shade. I heard the shade wasn't releasing in stores until October 9th and that some stores even have had waiting lists for the stuff for a while. Well thanks to my lovely twitter followers, I was informed that this shade was available on chanel.com along with another new color, Jade Rose, which I absolutely cannot wait to use. So naturally, I ordered both and I'm so glad I did. I actually did not realize this from the photos online, but both shades have a beautiful opalescent shimmer to them. Absolutely gorgeous. Yeah, Chanel nail polish is expensive, but this formula is no joke, the best I've ever used (judging only by this color). Applied smoothly, evenly, and dried super quick. After only a few hours, the finish is already dried super hard (with 2 coats) and my nails look so smooth-- like glass or plastic! I'm sold. I heart you even more now, Chanel. Hate most of your cosmetics, but love your accessories and nail polish <3

**For those wondering if it's similar to Peppermint Patti-- Yes and no. Jade has a pearl to it. It's not super noticeable, but it does. It's also more green. If you're on a budget and happy with Peppermint Patti, I wouldn't buy it. But if you're like me and LOVE Peppermint Patti, but hate the formula, it's worth it. :)