Relaxed Hair Must Haves


If you aren't a long time reader of The Anti Hair Slave then you probably don't know that I have relaxed hair. I've had relaxed hair for some time now, but I do remember the days of sitting in front of the stove while my mother hot combed my natural hair. With that being said, I'm glad I'm relaxed, I love wearing my hair straight so I can't imagine still having to use a hot comb. Yet, relaxed hair is also a challenge to keep healthy. Relaxing your hair is not the "easy" way out, you still have to take special care to keep your hair healthy. For me I turn to my must have products and tools.




1. Miss Keys 10 en 1 Conditioner - This was one of the very first Dominican conditioners I was introduced to during my hair care journey and I still use it to this day, I love it! I've tried Una Bomba (a close second), Silicon Mix, and others but Miss Keys just does wonders for my hair.

2. Henna - Henna has strengthened my hair like no other product. I could do without the red color at first, but now I love it but I really only use it for the strengthening ability.



3. Denman Brush - aka the doobie brush. I use my Denman to wrap my hair, to take it down from a wrap, and to detangle in the shower if I lost my denman I'd be lost. I actually did lose it at one point and I had to get another one because I missed it so much.



4. Coconut Oil - I absolutely love coconut oil for my hair. I use it as a pre-shampoo treatment, as a shine adder, I mix it into my conditioners, and as a moisturizer. It's amazing because it's one of the only oils that actually penetrates the hair shaft helping it from the inside out.


5. JBCO - Jamaican Black Castor Oil is relatively new to me, but it's helping to grow in my problem areas so it's a must have for me.