Deep Conditioner Review: Milk Protein & Olive Oil Really Deep Conditioner

This week temperatures are expected to reach almost 100 degrees in my neck of the woods, so I'll be hitting the pool on a daily basis.  I actually might even venture to a waterpark or the beach, but one thing I plan so doing this week is deep conditioning every other day.  That might seem like overkill, but with heat comes dryness and dryness can result in breakage. 

To make sure my hair is thoroughly moisturized, I plan on doing four key things: 
  1. Deep condition every other day 
  2. Apply  my water and glycerine based moisturizer twice a day 
  3. Avoid heat styling 
  4. Keep ends damp and tucked into a bun  

Sofn'free GroHealthy Milk Protein & Olive Oil Really Deep Conditioning Treatment
As a matter of fact, as I type up this post I'm sitting here with my Heat Therapy Wrap on my head doing my first deep conditioning treatment of the week using SofnFree Milk Protein and Olive Oil Really Deep Conditioning Treatment.  The consistancy is similar to that of mayo and as soon as I applied it I could feel my scalp tingling, which caught me off guard but it's actually a bit refreshing.  There is no real fragrance that I've noticed with the product and the price is right at $1.99 for a packet.  This product is also paraben and sulfate free, but it does contain mineral oil.   

For the full review .... keep reading


Alright so I just rinsed out the SofnFree Milk Protein and Olive Oil Really Deep Conditioning Treatment from my hair.  Next, I added Wave Nouveau to the entire length of my hair.  Put some Design Essentials Gel to the edges and put on my scarf, I plan on letting my hair air dry and then before work I'll re-moisten my ends and tuck them into a bun.  As far as the conditioner goes, my favorite part is the tingly feeling.  I associate tingling with increase circulation to the scalp which helps out the follicles and has been linked to increased hair growth.  Once I rinsed it out, it felt like my hair had actually absorbed a great deal of the conditioner, the slip wasn't as great as I'd expected but my hair was easy to detangle regardless.  Bottom line, I'd re-use the conditioner but mainly for the tingly feeling.