LUSH Fresh Face Masks...Reviews!

LOVE LUSH! As I've said many times...but dislike their face/skincare products for the most part. Well, all except their masks at least. Over the past few months, I've tried several of them and actually LOVE a few. Before I get started, here are some things to remember about their fresh face masks:

1. They expire. I believe most have a shelf life of about 2 weeks. So unless you're going to use it often and in large amounts, purchase the smallest container. If you buy a larger size, it will probably end up going to waste.

2. Consider your skin type. They have a wide variety of fresh face masks made to suit your skin type. If you're still unsure and don't want to take the plunge to buy a full sized one, ask for a sample. Lush is always pretty generous.

3. KEEP IN THE REFRIGERATOR! ...they expire, remember?

4. Save your old containers! Return 6 empty containers to Lush and get a free fresh face mask.

5. The fresh face masks are not available for order online because of the fresh ingredients... They would be ruined by the time they got to you! So if you want any of these, you'll have to purchase directly from a Lush counter or store.

Here are my thoughts...



BB Seaweed mask:
This mask was just ok. It's supposed to be best for those with normal to combination skin. It is lightly exfoliating (VERY lightly) which is nice, but isn't super effective. Also, the chunks of seaweed are quite annoying, as they'll just fall off your face as the mask dries. I just felt like it really didn't do...well, anything.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cupcake mask:
This is actually one of my favorites. Who doesn't like chocolate right? The chocolate scent isn't the only reason I like it though. It actually makes my skin feel amazingly soft and look brighter. According to Lush, this mask has detoxifying ingredients and is best for people with oily or breakout prone skin. It really reminded me of spreading brownie batter on my face which was a little strange at first, but it honestly grew on me. It also has super small gritty granules (similar to that of a cake batter) that creates a light exfoliation as you rinse it off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Love Lettuce mask:
This is my absolute favorite out of the Lush masks I tried. This one smells a bit..."fresh". Like a mix of fresh veggies. You apply the mask, let it dry for about 10 minutes (like the others), but when you rinse it off, you lightly massage it into the skin so that the exfoliating granules can go to work. After treating my skin with this mask, I can't stop touching it. It really makes it baby smooth.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cosmetic Warrior mask:
Honestly, I didn't even make it 2 minutes with this stuff. It's supposed to be good for treating breakouts and calming oily skin. Which maybe it does, but the scent of garlic is so off-putting that there is NO way I could ever actually use the stuff. I applied it and had to hold my breath as I tried to get it all rinsed off. No thanks!