Make Up For Ever All Mat Mattifying Face Primer REVIEW

In my opinion, you can't beat Make Up For Ever where foundations are concerned. As someone who is IN LOVE with the Mat Velvet+ liquid foundation, I had to try the All Mat primer.
Lately I haven't really been using primer much because it can sometimes feel heavy on my oily skin. However, I decided while on a recent trip to Sephora, that I would find the perfect mattifier for my skin. I had heard some great things about this mattifying primer, so trying this was a no-brainer.

This is a crystal clear, silicone gel based product that actually contains oil absorbing powders to keep shine and oil under control. Yeah, yeah... I've heard those promises before. I was a little skeptical, as I've never truly found anything that is able to keep oil at bay. Until now. To cover the face, you only need one pump of product. It smooths easily over the face and is quickly absorbed. While rubbing it in, it feels like any other silicone based primer, maybe a little thicker. However, when it's completely rubbed in, it feels totally clean. Then, you apply whatever foundation you prefer over it. I've used it with the Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet+ liquid foundation (my HG liquid foundation) and also with the MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural (buffed on as foundation). Makeup smoothly applies right over it. There's no oily after-effect like with some primers. Some might find the smell a little bit "too-much", but if you've tried the Mat Velvet+ foundation, the smell is identical. It's a rosy, floral smell. I've tried it now 3 times and it has truly made a dramatic difference. Both with the oil breakthrough and with the long-wear of my foundation.
I usually have to use those oil-blotting sheets a few times throughout the day because of shine. Since using this primer, the oil sheets haven't left my purse. My foundaiton also looks freshly applied throughout the day. This stuff really delivers. Overall, I'm VERY IMPRESSED.

You can find this product at Sephora stores and it's $45. Sounds expensive, but this bottle should last me several months as you only need a little bit.