Around Town - A Midsummer Night's Art Opening

The highlight of last weekend was viewing some amazing paintings by Los Angeles artist, Lois Howard.
I'd seen a few of Lois's paintings before but never grouped together in a show
and they were sensational.
Her work is influenced by the time that she has spent living in Japan and in Europe.  Much of her work includes specific motifs such as fans and mandalas, representing the the circular nature of life
and jelly fish...and I have no idea what they represent
You can see more of her paintings here

The show was held at the Harris & Ruble Art Gallery in Hollywood
Here are the gallery owners, Alan Harris and Marcella Ruble.
Marcella is an artist, sculptor, historian, philanthropist, gourmet cook and crack lawyer
yeah I know...how can all that talent be in one woman.

This was one of my favorite paintings.


and I adored this painting...unfortunately it was out of my budget

I wore my summer cotton cocktail dress by Milly
and yellow gold bangle bracelets from Beladora.com
As you can see, I'm still pretty dark thanks to plenty of Jergins self tanning lotion
I know, we aren't supposed to tan anymore...
but I'm contrarian and I still do

After the show it was off to dinner with friends at Pane e Vino in West Hollywood.
We sat inside but the restaurant has a very lovely terrace which is lovely for a summer night
The service was slow...so slow in fact that I think that they forgot our order
even so, I would go definitely go back
but next time I'm ordering a pizza!