The Doobie, Explained



It was brought to my attention that some of my readers have no idea what I'm talking about when I say the term "Doobie". So, I'm going to break it down for you guys. When I say I went and got a doobie, what I'm talking about is a salon service regarding my hair.


Basically if you go to a Dominican Salon and ask for a doobie, your hair will be washed, set on rollers, then wrapped up and pinned to your head. The price for this service varies based on where you go and sometimes on the length or texture of your hair. It can be as low as $8.00 or as high as $25.00+. Sounds good right? But there is a catch. Usually, deep conditioner is extra ranging from $5.00-$10.00 and then if you need to have your roots blow out or if you want the length of your hair blow dried it can be extra depending on where you go, I usually pay $5.00 just to have my roots blown out.

Here is the summary of what I ask for when I get a Doobie... a doobie with a deep condition and the roots blown. So I usually go on $8.00 day, add $5.00 for the deep conditioner, add $5.00 for the roots to be blown out. So the total would be $18.00, or you could wash your own hair, put on your own deep conditioner, and then head to the salon. If you do it that way you only pay $13.00 for the doobie and to have the roots blown out.

More on the Doobie later!