How I get my Spring/Summer Glow with Sunless Products

Spring is here... Summer is just around the corner, and if any of you are like me, it's hard to find the perfect balance between the glow of a light tan and feeling like you're taking care of your skin. What I mean is that UV tanning isn't a lot of our first options when it comes to getting the perfect Summer glow. I love being out in the sun, but I prefer to get my actual "tan" with sunless products. I get asked a lot about what types of tanning products I use and honestly, I do a lot of spray tanning. I've always gone to a local tanning salon to use the VersaSpa spray booth system. It's a lot like Mystic if you're familiar with that, but the color is better in my opinion and the VersaSpa booth actually dries you! So I'm all over that. However, that's not available or convenient to a lot of people and over time, it can get pricey. So I've been going maybe once a month to get a spray tan and using some great sunless tanning products in between that have been working great! These are the ones I've been using and loving this season.



I've always been a fan of the Jergens Natural Glow line. This season, I purchased the daily body lotion in the "firming" formula. Figure a little firming can't hurt, right? I get the formula designed for medium skin tones. I find that it actually looks more natural on my skin than the one for fair skin. I find that the fair formulas in the Jergens line always look a little yellow/orange on me. But the medium formulas are usually great. The only bad thing is the inevitable DHA smell after the formula reacts with your skin after a few hours. It's not too strong and definitely not unbearable. I'm willing to sacrifice that for the great results!
I apply it after showering, and always wash my hands and in between my fingers really well.








Another great product I tried for the first time last year is the Jergens Natural Glow foaming daily moisturizer. It's definitely not as moisturizing as the regular lotion version, but it dries incredibly fast. I use this the mornings that I'm in a hurry and don't have time to worry about the lotion drying a bit before getting dressed. The results are great with this one as well. I use the formula designed for medium to tan skin tones.








Where my face is concerned, I like to use a product designed just for the face. This Natural Glow Face daily moisturizer with spf20 is really what got me back into using the Jergens line of gradual sunless tanners. It's a great facial moisturizer. I've used it for years. Mostly during the Spring and Summer months though. Again, I use the formula designed for medium/tan skin tones.








This is truly one of my must-have products I cannot ever be without. It's the Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube Face. It's an instant bronzer for your face that also contains a sunless tanner. I apply it before applying makeup and it evens out my skin tone really nicely and gives me a natural summer glow. Literally a perfect tan glow on your face without any work- No tanning, no waiting for sunless products to work. It's instant gratification. And it smells like pineapple, which is a plus in my book! I definitely don't use it everyday, but it's great when I'm feeling a little pale and the color is totally adjustable and buildable.




Happy tanning everyone! Hope this helped you out where sunless tanners are concerned. I know it can be frustrating to find the product that works just right for you, but the drugstore really has so many great options where gradual sunless tanners are concerned (which I think are the most natural looking over time). Good luck finding the right products for you!

Tiffany


*If you're wanting more info on the VersaSpa spray booth I mentioned, I probably can't help you much. I found it by chance at a local tanning salon a few years ago. Call some tanning salons in your area and inquire about their spray tanning systems. Most will have some type of spray tan system to offer.


*This post was not sponsored in any way by any brands mentioned.